The remnants of an old Roman cobblestone road on Šargan, the metal coins, and the tombstones at the so-called Roman or Greek cemetery, bear witness that there was a Roman settlement in the region of Mokra Gora, representing the oldest known settlement in this valley.
Serbian medieval graves exist at the same cemetery, with either massive tombstones or smaller tombstones with the so-called Serbian nishans. A carved equilateral cross is distinct on the top of one of these nishans, a crescent on the other, and a sabre on the third one. Besides these type of old graves, the stećci, in the form of massive stone blocks, also exist.
Of sacral buildings in this region, particularly distinct is the medieval Church of the Ascension in Kršanj, dedicated to the Ascension of Christ. The original church was a dependency (metoch) of the Dobrun Monastery and it belonged to the Dobrun Archbishopric until 1834, when the boundaries with Bosnia were changed. This church was burned on several occasions, so that its present aspect is not the same as it once was. Today, this is a single-nave church with two pairs of pilasters, divided into three traves, with a semi-dome and trusses at the cornice level. The chancel is separated from the nave by the iconostasis which is newer than the Royal Doors and the old icons of the Sovereign Row. The Royal Doors were made of one board, which is bell-shaped on one end. They are divided into two fields each. At the bell-shaped part are the fields with figures of Holy Patriarchs and Prophets, Solomon to the left and David to the right. At the left rectangular field is the figure of Archangel Gabriel and at the right is the Virgin Mary receiving the Annunciation. It is interesting that each family had its tent in the churchyard, where they lived during festivities. In these tents, the villagers used to stay, eat, and visit each other after the liturgy. The tents had four-sloped roofs and were decorated with ornaments carved mainly on fences.
A much newer temple of this region is the Church of St. Elias in Mokra Gora that was built only in 1946, after several unsuccessful attempts. This church is modelled after the church in Kršanj, but as a log church. The contributors of the iconostasis were the villagers themselves, who put their signatures and records on each of the icons.
Within the limits of the village of Mokra Gora there are three old former church sites – one below Glibetići, on the estate of Ivan Kojadinović, another in Ilići, and the third one in Panjak. The archaeological investigation of these old former church sites has not yet been realised.
There are only few buildings from the 19th century in the village centre and the most prominent among them is the school built in 1872.